CRM Quote. How can I make the option "Do Not Revise" a default? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an issue with users forgetting to tick Do Not Revise This Quote in the dialog window appearing when they want to close a quote as accepted. This creates a lot of useless new Draft quotes.

How can I make that option a Default?

Is it possible via a Java code - what would the code be?

Thanks.

Silvia

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:36 AM

Answers

• The dialog that pops up feeds the Quote Close entity; however, the radio buttons (Do Not Revise, Create New) do not appear to have equivalents amongst the Quote Close attributes, so it cannot be done via Entity/Attribute customisation (setting) defaults.

Also, dialogs such as these cannot be modified (in a supported manner) so you are also unable to influence the behaviour via javascript or other client-side mechanisms.

The only viable alternative (of which I am aware) is to replace the mechanism entirely:

1. Override the Close Quote ribbon button to point to your own custom javascript code
    2. Supply your own dialog in an HTML web resource, if you require input from the User
    3. Perform whatever tasks the Close Quote operation does in code of your own, be it javascript, plugins or a combination of both

--pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com

Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:36 AM

All replies

• assuming the field is Two Options field, if you edit the field it has a default value which you can set to be either No or Yes.

I'm not quite sure where this dialog pops up

Ben Hosking
    Check out my CRM Blog
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 2:52 PM
  • The dialog that pops up feeds the Quote Close entity; however, the radio buttons (Do Not Revise, Create New) do not appear to have equivalents amongst the Quote Close attributes, so it cannot be done via Entity/Attribute customisation (setting) defaults.

Also, dialogs such as these cannot be modified (in a supported manner) so you are also unable to influence the behaviour via javascript or other client-side mechanisms.

The only viable alternative (of which I am aware) is to replace the mechanism entirely:

1. Override the Close Quote ribbon button to point to your own custom javascript code
    2. Supply your own dialog in an HTML web resource, if you require input from the User
    3. Perform whatever tasks the Close Quote operation does in code of your own, be it javascript, plugins or a combination of both

--pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com

Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:36 AM