Project Server 2013 - “An unknown error has occured” RRS feed

• Question

• Hi !

Whenever I navigate to Project Center in Project Server 2013 the credentials window pops-up continuously even after entering correct admin account and after several clicks on OK button in credential window it says "An unknown error has occurred". This is happening at every links. Even at Resources, Tasks, Reports, etc.. Is this Project Server 2013 stable or still has bugs in it.

I recently installed March 2013 hotfix for Project Server but still no luck. In ULS or Event Viewer I didn't got any relevant exceptions.

I am even unable to connect to Project Server from Project Professional.

Thanks & Regards.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 10:56 AM

All replies

• Zakir,

Did you upgrade 2010 to 2013?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:04 PM
  • Hi Zakir,

What's your server's hardware configuration? If you're low on RAM, it might throw such errors.

Thanks

IN
    Thanks, Kashif

Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:37 AM
  • Hi Hrishi,
    No I did not perform any upgrade. It was a fresh Project Server 2013 installation.

Hi Kashif,
    The hardware configuration is as follows:
    RAM: 16 GB
    Processor: Intel Xeon 4 cores

FYI, earlier everything was going well but all of a sudden I started facing these problems. Earlier it was only 8 GB but I though better to upgrade it and then it was upgraded to 16 GB but later new problems started coming in. Is this Project Server 2013 a bug free release. I really doubt this. What do you think?

Regards.

Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:43 AM
  • Zakir,

Are you able to access PWA settings page?

If yes, try re-saving your user ID

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:59 PM
  • Hello, I have the same error and I don´t know what to do. We have a clean PS 2013 instance with no mora than 10 projects, SharePoint and PS SP1 installed.

Can somebody have an idea?

Thanks

Saúl

SAUL SM

Thursday, June 12, 2014 5:03 PM
  • "An unknown error has occurred" usually means that the browser cannot resolve some data or something is missing. This can be caused by many issues. One for instance is deleting projects, but timesheets are still referencing it. Many others.   This is one of the harder issues to resolve, because often you don't find anything in the ULS.

Seeing that this error is occurring everywhere on PWA, I would first try rerunning the "SharePoint Product Configuration Wizard".  If this fails at any place, that will be the first thing to fix.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Sunday, June 15, 2014 3:35 AM
  • I have the same issue but when I reset the IIS it resolved.
    Thursday, January 4, 2018 9:03 AM
  • Which browser are you using?  In IE, make PWA a trusted site and set the browser security to allow "Automatic logon with current username and password"

Also, try with Chome and see if it is successful.

IF this still fails, I would check your services and accounts that are used.   

Look into IIS and verify the pools are running properly

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Sunday, January 14, 2018 7:21 PM