locked
Certificate problem for Vista client RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have an error when I tried to download the certificate using the web on a Windows Vista PC. How can I make this work? Our office user use XP workstation and most of our home user PC uses Vista which we also want to work with OCS 2007 via VPN. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

     

    thanks in advance for the help. 

    Thursday, December 27, 2007 1:03 PM

All replies

  • You received what error when downloading what type of certificate from where?

     

    Some more specifics would allow others to offer assistance.

    Thursday, December 27, 2007 3:20 PM
    Moderator
  • I got the same problem, after installing the office communicator 2007 on a vista machine I get an error "problem verifying the certificate from the server" when I try to sign in. This only happens on Vista machines not on our XP pc. And it does not matter if the machine was directly conected to the network or through VPN. 

    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 12:47 PM
  • Your Vista client can probably not connect to the CRL point

    So you might try to disable CRL checkingin Internet Explorer and see what happens

     

    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 9:52 PM
  • Deli Pro-Exchange thanks - I just tried your suggestion and disable CRL checking in IE but still have the same problem. Any reason why I have to disable this in IE? I am connected through VPN and just using the Office Communicator client software on the Vista workstation where I get this problem. The laptop is not part of our internal pc but is connected through VPN, XP laptops does not seems to have this issue though

    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 1:29 PM
  • Did you restart your Communicator client after disabling this setting?

    Also check the Vista Machine that your Internal Root CA is in the Trusted Root Certification List on the Vista Machine

    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 8:21 PM
  • I had the same problem with a test rig i built first time up to see if OCS was any good. I installed the certificate into the trusted root but still had the problem untill i realised it was a DNS issue. Because it was only a test rig i didnt have the DNS fully setup so it couldnt find the name of the server in the certificate and i was using the Communicator with an IP address rather than the FQDN. Once i put the name in my hosts file and verfied connectivity by using the FQDN in Communicator it went straight through to the change username\password bit. Dunno if any of this will help but that was how i was getting the error.
    Tuesday, December 9, 2008 1:18 PM