none
Need help to check Windows 7 Ultimate and get refund from paypal. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Recently I bought Windows 7 Ultimate from ebay. When I received the item, the first thing that I do is to check if it is original or counterfeit. However I am not quite sure if the item I bought is counterfeit or genuine item. The retail box says "Made in USA" and the COA doesn't have thin oval spots. I also tried to check the CD whether if there is a sticker that I can peel. However the problem is there is no sticker that I can peel off. I tried so many time to peel it off or scratch it but the sticker won't come off. I haven't checked whether if the key is genuine or not since I'm still using my genuine XP. Can anyone help me to solve this problem? Right now I am trying to talk with the seller and I haven't get his reply.

Thanks

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 10:18 PM

Answers

• "anbu84" wrote in message news:53fca085-a99f-4dab-8f45-932eac0d5da8...

Hi

Recently I bought Windows 7 Ultimate from ebay. When I received the item, the first thing that I do is to check if it is original or counterfeit. However I am not quite sure if the item I bought is counterfeit or genuine item. The retail box says "Made in USA" and the COA doesn't have thin oval spots. I also tried to check the CD whether if there is a sticker that I can peel. However the problem is there is no sticker that I can peel off. I tried so many time to peel it off or scratch it but the sticker won't come off. I haven't checked whether if the key is genuine or not since I'm still using my genuine XP. Can anyone help me to solve this problem? Right now I am trying to talk with the seller and I haven't get his reply.

Thanks Ultimate+eBay

Ultimate+eBay = BIG WARNING SIGNS!
    Made in USA = BIG WARNING SIGN!
    90% chance of it being a counterfeit.
    Care to name the vendor, or link to the item?

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 10:44 PM
  • You can prove that it is not as described.  Proving counterfeit requires some forensics (fairly obvious stuff, but a hassle).  Simply demand a refund because you didn't get what you purchased.  I used the eBay Resolution claim and never had to deal with Paypal.  They are essentially the same outfit anyhow.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    • Marked as answer by anbu84 Saturday, July 9, 2011 9:53 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 3:22 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• "anbu84" wrote in message news:53fca085-a99f-4dab-8f45-932eac0d5da8...

Hi

Thanks Ultimate+eBay

Ultimate+eBay = BIG WARNING SIGNS!
    Made in USA = BIG WARNING SIGN!
    90% chance of it being a counterfeit.
    Care to name the vendor, or link to the item?

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 10:44 PM
  • Hi Noel

Thank you for your quick reply

I have deleted last post about the link to the item and the name of the vendor after I'm thinking it twice that it is inappropriate to do so.

Regarding about PayPal, is there any way to claim to PayPal without getting 3rd party proof or written letterhead from Microsoft? Should I claim it as "Item is not as described" rather that "Imitation/Counterfeit"?

Thanks

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:54 AM
  • You can prove that it is not as described.  Proving counterfeit requires some forensics (fairly obvious stuff, but a hassle).  Simply demand a refund because you didn't get what you purchased.  I used the eBay Resolution claim and never had to deal with Paypal.  They are essentially the same outfit anyhow.
    • Marked as answer by anbu84 Saturday, July 9, 2011 9:53 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 3:22 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Cbarnhost

Thank you for your reply

I have lodged a dispute via PayPal and it's still waiting for the seller response.

And also The seller have response my message. He said he is a honest seller and he bought the windows from reliable supplier in Canada and I don't believe what he said.

And then I was wondering why I can't peel a sticker on the CD. Somehow it seems the hologram attached on the CD.

Thanks

Thursday, July 7, 2011 12:25 AM
  • Focus on the big picture.  You are not a satisfied customer and want your money back.  Keep it simple.
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 1:21 AM
    Answerer