Turn off Unsued Programs, won't go away RRS feed

• Question

• I've had one care for 9 months and it's still nagging me about turning off unused programs. The "unused programs" are java and the graphics card software. I don't want to turn those off, but for months now I'm still getting the you need to turn off these programs. How can I get it to stop nagging me about this or turn off this "feature"

Steve

Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:53 PM

Answers

• In the onecare live circle it shows the turn off programs for 2 computers now and there is no way that I have found to get rid of that "feature", at least is should stop showing it if you go and decide that you want those programs to remain active.  but I guess that I'll have to ignore it, it just one more annoying thing about Win.

Steve

Monday, November 17, 2008 3:41 AM

All replies

• Nagging in what way? Are you seeing this in the Monthly report? If so, ignore it. There is no setting to disable this information in the report. I'm not aware of any prompt that you would get from OneCare about Startup settings as it requires you to go to that option in OneCare to see the programs if you aren't clicking the button on the Monthly report. Ignoring the message will not change your OneCare status.

-steve

Friday, November 14, 2008 2:08 PM
  • In the onecare live circle it shows the turn off programs for 2 computers now and there is no way that I have found to get rid of that "feature", at least is should stop showing it if you go and decide that you want those programs to remain active.  but I guess that I'll have to ignore it, it just one more annoying thing about Win.

Steve

Monday, November 17, 2008 3:41 AM
  • Ah, I see what you mean. I just made my laptop a Hub and the laptop itself is displaying that entry in the view of the Circle with the only choice being to "turn off" the unused startup programs. It also appears in the main interface and can't be cleared. That *is* annoying.

-steve

Monday, November 17, 2008 6:07 PM