I am trying to install avast whs edition and downloads keep giving setup.cab is correupt error. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a relatively new WHS install and I am installting Avast anti virus on it. I keep getting error saying "setup.cab corrupt, this could be a problem with your network or cd-rom". I am quite sure its neither and same file opens on other machines. Has anyone else run into issues on this? Is there any other cheap enough anti-virus that I can use with no problems?
    Friday, January 1, 2010 11:00 PM

All replies

•  
    Click on the first link and then on download and you will find instructions.  Keep in mind, there is a separate WHS edition of Avast and you may have the wrong edition for WHS.

--

"crookbond" <=?utf-8?B?Y3Jvb2tib25k?=> wrote in message news:5408d5b7-b112-428 3-b7df-85047850a612...
    I have a relatively new WHS install and I am installting Avast anti virus on it. I keep getting error saying "setup.cab corrupt, this could be a problem with your network or cd-rom". I am quite sure its neither and same file opens on other machines. Has anyone else run into issues on this? Is there any other cheap enough anti-virus that I can use with no problems?

BullDawg
    Saturday, January 2, 2010 12:44 AM
  • This is exactly where I got the AV from and followed the instructions. has no one else had a problem installing this? That seems unlikely...
    Saturday, January 2, 2010 5:28 AM
  • Check under \\Server Name\Software\Add-Ins from the shared folders desktop icon on a client machine for a file named "setup_av_whs.msi" without the quotes.  Let me know if you do or do not see it.  Note, the file extension should be .msi and not ..exe.

--

"crookbond" <=?utf-8?B?Y3Jvb2tib25k?=> wrote in message news:f754f2df-58da-47e 9-8e2c-7ff4a58508e8...
    This is exactly where I got the AV from and followed the instructions. has no one else had a problem installing this? That seems unlikely...

BullDawg
    Saturday, January 2, 2010 8:57 AM