Since Installing....My Photoshop is Crashing... RRS feed

• Question

• so, i've had the 2.0 beta for quite some time now...

for the most part i like it... at first my computer was actually crashing a lot, which it NEVER does, and i couldnt figure out why that was happening.

but that issue seems to have resolves itself for the most part.

however, i have noticed that since installing this beta, i havent been able to run photoshop.

i happen to REALLY like photoshop too.

what happens is the program loads up, but as soon as i try to work in it, everything (all the tool bars) turn white, and i have to close the program.

i REALLY truly believe this is because of Onecare...

any suggestions on how i can resolve this problem, perhaps without completely uninstalling onecare.. i spent 12 hours backing up all my files with it, and uninstalling it seems like a pretty big waste to me.

thanks to anyone who reads this and replies! Stick out tongue
    Friday, August 10, 2007 9:00 PM

Answers

• Have you looked in event logs? It would be strange for a package like onecare to totally screw up an application.

It may prevent it accessing the web for updates - have you checked the box in the firewall settings to be notified when onecare blocks a program accessing the web? It maybe worth going through your firewall settings (in advanced settings) anyway to ensure that photoshop is allowed through the firewall.

Saturday, August 11, 2007 5:48 PM
  • Additional troubleshooting to try -

turn off the OneCare a/v - does the problem go away?

turn off the OneCare firewall - does the problem go away?

Uninstall OneCare. Does the problem go away?

I know you don't want to try the last one, but it is valid for a beta test. Do remember, that 2.0 is a beta, meaning that there may be problems.

You can contact support - Use the get more help link here: http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2

And you can file a bug on Connect if you believe that it is caused by OneCare.

-steve

Monday, August 13, 2007 4:35 PM

All replies

• Have you looked in event logs? It would be strange for a package like onecare to totally screw up an application.

It may prevent it accessing the web for updates - have you checked the box in the firewall settings to be notified when onecare blocks a program accessing the web? It maybe worth going through your firewall settings (in advanced settings) anyway to ensure that photoshop is allowed through the firewall.

Saturday, August 11, 2007 5:48 PM
  • Additional troubleshooting to try -

turn off the OneCare a/v - does the problem go away?

turn off the OneCare firewall - does the problem go away?

Uninstall OneCare. Does the problem go away?

I know you don't want to try the last one, but it is valid for a beta test. Do remember, that 2.0 is a beta, meaning that there may be problems.

You can contact support - Use the get more help link here: http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2

And you can file a bug on Connect if you believe that it is caused by OneCare.

-steve

Monday, August 13, 2007 4:35 PM