Error when 2 pdas synchronize RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I develop a solution on a PDA with a sync process through a wcf service. At the beginning, I only had 1 PDA, no problem at all. Now, I have a second one. The problem is the following :

1. I launch the application on the 2 pdas => the database is created

2. I work on 1 PDA ... do the sync .. no problem

3. I work on the other PDA ... do the sync ... I get a TargetInvocationException. So, i remove the database on the app, launch the app again and a new database is rebuild. Do the change, and sync .. no problem

4. I work back on the first PDA, do the sync ... TargetInvocationException ...

It's seems that each time a pda is doing a sync the other one is not able to do a new sync, even if the sync process worked before. To add something, my 2 pdas are 2 different brands so I have 2 different Project (VS 2008) but only 1 WCF project, could the problem come from this part ...

I have another question : is it possible to do the sync one table at a time ? So I can manage more precisely my sync.

Thanks for your help

Sylvain

Sunday, December 11, 2011 3:00 PM

All replies

• you may want to enable Sync Framework tracing or WCF tracing to get a more detailed error. TargetInvocationException is pretty much generic and can be caused by many things.

yes, you can sync one table at a time. you will have to create one sync group for each table.

Sunday, December 11, 2011 11:41 PM
  • I'm trying to use Fiddler to get more info on the data exchanges between the pdas and the database..but it's difficult !

Oh yes, Sync Group , I forget this functionnality.

Sylvain

Monday, December 12, 2011 8:41 AM