Cannot Create New Record in CRM 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing a rather strange issue in CRM 2013 where I cannot create a new record. I created a new entity,added new fields under main form and published the changes. When I clicked on the new entity,create new record, the form opened. I could see the name of the fields and the sections but I cannot see the textboxes,lookups etc to add data. It seems nothing is clickable. The save button is enabled and when I click on save , a record is created with only todays date and nothing else.

I am having system admin privileges and I am facing issue in IE and Firefox both. This organization has been created from prod db backup. I can create data with the already present entities but not in new entities.

What am I missing??Please advise

Thursday, November 5, 2015 2:44 PM

Answers

• The issue has been resolved. When I exported the site map of the new entity, I compared with the existing entity. There is an attribute called "Form Presentation" under forms. That was set to 1 which made the form in read only mode. The exact cause is still not known why the forms of the new entities are always set to 1. But atleast the solution is known. For every new created entity, I need to export,change to 0 and then import again into the system.
    • Marked as answer by Bachchan11 Wednesday, November 25, 2015 5:32 AM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 5:32 AM