Publisher RRS feed

• Question

•  

Does ad center view on publishers like google adsense??
    Monday, September 10, 2007 9:09 PM

Answers

• Yes, in AdCenter they are called Content Ads and it has just been released.  Here is some more info:

Turning off content distribution in bulk affects only the existing ad groups in the campaigns that you select. When you create new ad groups, both search and content distribution are on by default. To turn off or turn on content distribution for existing and new ad groups in a campaign, see Turn off Content Ads.

1. Click the Campaigns tab.
    2. Click Bulk edit.
    3. In the Campaign setting list, select Content distribution.
    4. In the column of check boxes, select the check box for each campaign that you want to turn off content distribution for.
    5. Click Apply.
    Notes
    • If you do not select any campaigns, content distribution is turned off for the account.
    • To resume content distribution for existing ad groups in a campaign, you must turn it on individually for each ad group. There is currently no way to turn on content distribution in bulk for all ad groups in a campaign.
    • If your ad group is set for content distribution only and you turn off content distribution, search distribution will be turned on and your keyword bids will be set to the default value $0.05. You must have one type of distribution turned on for each ad group. For information about how to stop running an ad group, see Pause an ad group.

About the differences between Search Ads and Content Ads

Microsoft adCenter offers two ways to display your ads to potential customers who use the Internet: Search Ads and Content Ads Beta. You can choose to use these distribution methods individually or combine them, to customize your campaign for the best possible return on investment.

Search Ads Content Ads Beta
    Where do my ads appear? Live Search results pages. Microsoft-owned websites, such as MSN Tech & Gadgets, Money, Real Estate, and Windows Marketplace, as well as participating partner websites.
    How is the distribution method I choose related to my target audience? Your ads are displayed with links to information that your target audience has requested. Your ads are displayed along with relevant content that your target audience has chosen to read. As a result, you extend your advertising reach to a broader segment of your target audience.
    How do my keywords affect the display of my ads? Your keywords are compared with words in a customer's search query. Your keywords are compared with words on content-based webpages.
    How can I optimize my bids for keywords? You can set separate bids for broad, phrase, and exact search match types. You can set separate bids for Content Ads Beta keywords.
    How am I billed for my ads? Cost per click (CPC). CPC.
    Is the distribution method turned on by default? Yes. Yes.
    Can I turn off the distribution method? Yes, for entire campaigns or for individual ad groups within a campaign. Yes, for entire campaigns or for individual ad groups within a campaign.
    Can I target customers? Yes. Yes.
    Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:33 PM
  • Hi HowTo,

Venz is correct, we have a Content Ads product that shows contextually relevant ads on the Microsoft network and our participating partner websites.

We haven't launched a program for publishers yet, but we are working on it. In the meantime, if you'd like to know more about the publisher program, please fill out this interest form. We may contact you to participate in research studies, demos, focus groups or in the Publisher Pilot.

Thanks!

Carolyn

Thursday, September 13, 2007 8:18 PM

All replies

• Yes, in AdCenter they are called Content Ads and it has just been released.  Here is some more info:

Turning off content distribution in bulk affects only the existing ad groups in the campaigns that you select. When you create new ad groups, both search and content distribution are on by default. To turn off or turn on content distribution for existing and new ad groups in a campaign, see Turn off Content Ads.

1. Click the Campaigns tab.
    2. Click Bulk edit.
    3. In the Campaign setting list, select Content distribution.
    4. In the column of check boxes, select the check box for each campaign that you want to turn off content distribution for.
    5. Click Apply.
    Notes
    • If you do not select any campaigns, content distribution is turned off for the account.
    • To resume content distribution for existing ad groups in a campaign, you must turn it on individually for each ad group. There is currently no way to turn on content distribution in bulk for all ad groups in a campaign.
    • If your ad group is set for content distribution only and you turn off content distribution, search distribution will be turned on and your keyword bids will be set to the default value $0.05. You must have one type of distribution turned on for each ad group. For information about how to stop running an ad group, see Pause an ad group.

About the differences between Search Ads and Content Ads

Microsoft adCenter offers two ways to display your ads to potential customers who use the Internet: Search Ads and Content Ads Beta. You can choose to use these distribution methods individually or combine them, to customize your campaign for the best possible return on investment.

Search Ads Content Ads Beta
    Where do my ads appear? Live Search results pages. Microsoft-owned websites, such as MSN Tech & Gadgets, Money, Real Estate, and Windows Marketplace, as well as participating partner websites.
    How is the distribution method I choose related to my target audience? Your ads are displayed with links to information that your target audience has requested. Your ads are displayed along with relevant content that your target audience has chosen to read. As a result, you extend your advertising reach to a broader segment of your target audience.
    How do my keywords affect the display of my ads? Your keywords are compared with words in a customer's search query. Your keywords are compared with words on content-based webpages.
    How can I optimize my bids for keywords? You can set separate bids for broad, phrase, and exact search match types. You can set separate bids for Content Ads Beta keywords.
    How am I billed for my ads? Cost per click (CPC). CPC.
    Is the distribution method turned on by default? Yes. Yes.
    Can I turn off the distribution method? Yes, for entire campaigns or for individual ad groups within a campaign. Yes, for entire campaigns or for individual ad groups within a campaign.
    Can I target customers? Yes. Yes.
    Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:33 PM
  • Hi HowTo,

Venz is correct, we have a Content Ads product that shows contextually relevant ads on the Microsoft network and our participating partner websites.

We haven't launched a program for publishers yet, but we are working on it. In the meantime, if you'd like to know more about the publisher program, please fill out this interest form. We may contact you to participate in research studies, demos, focus groups or in the Publisher Pilot.

Thanks!

Carolyn

Thursday, September 13, 2007 8:18 PM
  • AdCenter is not like AdSense - it's the other part of the pair, it's like AdWords.  That is to say you can buy advertising which Microsoft will then display on certain of their sites, but you can't sell adverting space and have them displayed on your sites.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 12:25 AM