Enterprise voice & PBX integration: no Call Voicemail option in communicator RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm currently preparing OCS to have a full integration with a Nortel PBX.
    For the moment there is nothing configured in OCS regarding the Nortel PBX and I'm testing everything.
    We have an Exchange UM set up to integrate with both the Nortel PBX via a Telephony URI based dialplan and another SIP secure URI based dialplan to OCS.

The problem I face is that I don't see the Call Voicemail button in Communicator when I enable the user for Enterprise voice.

In Exchange, I configured 2 EUM addresses on the same user:
    The telephony-URI based address in the appropriate dialplan was already configured and is the default
    I added the sip-based URI as sip:username@domain.com in the OCS-interfacing dialplan

When I do a trace on the communicator, I see the following info passed to communicator:
    <focusFactoryUri>sip:username@domain.com;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focusfactory</focusFactoryUri><voiceMailUri>sip:USERNAME@domain.com;opaque=app:voicemail</voiceMailUri></provisionGroup>

As far as I can see, Communicator has the correct information to contact the Exchange UM part.

Still I don't see the Call Voicemail option in communicator.

Any ideas?
    Thursday, September 18, 2008 9:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you run through all of the scripts that need to be run on Exchange UM and OCS? For exchange it's the exchucutil.ps1 and for OCS it's the ocsumutil.exe. Assuming you have... then I would try:

1) taking a new user and UM-enabling them only on the OCS dialplan.

2) Enable that user for EV in OCS,

3) open MOC and verify that the VM option is there

If this works, just add the other dialplan EUM address to the user in Exchange.

Regards,

Matt

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:42 AM
  • Hi guys,

I have the same problem......have run through Microsoft's steps to integrate with exchange but Communicator does not display the voice mail option and calls from other Communicators are not being sent to voice mail.

I can dial into the voice mail setup from Communicator by dialing the Dial Plan number - which means it can comminicate....strange!! 

Any ideas??

Russell 
    Friday, September 26, 2008 8:40 AM