none
Self Study Kit 70-667 Lacking RRS feed

• Question

• I went through the Microsoft Self-Study Kit 70-667, labs and all and used the practice exam that came on the disc. I am also a full time SharePoint administrator. However I went to take the 70-667 exam today and some of the content was never even mentioned! I failed with a 680. I am very disappointed in the book and the CD content. I am at the moment going through the learning plan online and am planning on trying again.

Has anyone esle had issues with these books? If so, what do you use to study? I didn't know about second shot so this next test will be another 150.

Friday, January 25, 2013 11:27 PM

Answers

• The "Overview" section on the exam content page (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-667) states:

"70-667 and 70-668 will be updated for SharePoint 2010 SP1 and Office 365 in January, 2012."

According to Amazon the 70-667 training kit was published in October 2011.  This would indicate that it wouldn't contain the changes released in january 2012.

The best way to study for an exam is to use a wide range of study materials in conjunction with the "Skills Measured" section on the exam content page.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 10:32 PM

All replies

• Be sure to just grab your 2nd shot, just for guaranteed purpose.

I used this to pass my 70-667 - http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/book.aspx?id=14586

Just this self-paced learning book and weekly study on my lab server along with work experience. Which section did you not meet the target?

Regards,
    Milton Goh
    MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, MCTS, MCP
    Blog: blog.nerdytwo.com
    Twitter: @miltongoh

Saturday, January 26, 2013 12:07 AM
  • Looks like I used the same book as you did. I was listed as deficient in Installing as well as installing solutions, etc however I have done this. I know how to do it, and I did every single one of the labs. It is my understanding that this test was just updated (according to the lady at the testing center) so maybe that is why there were things not covered in the book? It doesn't seem fair to me to do that though, and unfortunately as I said I didn't know about Second Shot before I went in so I am still going to have to shell out the 150. Might see if I can use it this time though.
    Saturday, January 26, 2013 3:57 AM
  • Well, I would say that it is the kind of move we are expecting from MS to make certification value to be more recognized. Having technology that is refresh from time to time, it is definitely a need to refresh the questions in the exam. 

Study through one more round and make sure you go through the installation guide again. Some questions are slightly gear towards the best practices therefore you need to read up more. 

Cheers and good luck.

Regards,
    Milton Goh
    MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, MCTS, MCP
    Blog: blog.nerdytwo.com
    Twitter: @miltongoh

Saturday, January 26, 2013 8:32 AM
  • The "Overview" section on the exam content page (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-667) states:

"70-667 and 70-668 will be updated for SharePoint 2010 SP1 and Office 365 in January, 2012."

According to Amazon the 70-667 training kit was published in October 2011.  This would indicate that it wouldn't contain the changes released in january 2012.

The best way to study for an exam is to use a wide range of study materials in conjunction with the "Skills Measured" section on the exam content page.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 10:32 PM
  • I hit the books again and ordered the updated materials from Self Test, one of the two that Microsoft recommends and I passed today with an 880. Now on to 70-668 lol.
    Friday, February 15, 2013 9:26 PM
  • Congratulations

Jeff Wharton

Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:16 AM