Invitation to share folders fails: Windows Live ID is experiencing technical difficulties RRS feed

• Question

• I've been trying to share a folder with articles for another person to review, but have not had any success doing so.  I am running Windows Vista Ultimate, patched to current level, and have manually updated Mesh via the notifier, with no changes.  The recipient is running Mesh on Windows XP, patched to current. 

When I send him the invitation (I've sent and re-sent, plus created new folders for the same task), he gets an invitation in his hotmail account, but when trying to open the invitation, he gets this:

We're unable to complete your request

Windows Live ID is experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.

Since this has happened over several days, and he uses the hotmail account as his primary e-mail, I don't believe that his account is having any troubles other than this.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 9:25 PM

Answers

• Have your friend blow out the browser cache and try this operation again please.

Start>Run>INETCPL.CPL (enter)

Click on the Delete button under Browsing history and then click on Delete all at the bottom of the Delete Browsing History tab.

Please let us know if this fixes things.

Thanks,

Tim

Program Manager | Live Mesh
    Friday, November 7, 2008 11:53 PM