I want outlook clients's mail merge to stop attaching the merged document in the notes area of the activity created RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

My client uses mail merge feature of the CRM extensively. They send thousand of merged documents everyday. Outlook CRM's client gives a good feature of creating a activity against each contact which is merged using mail merge functionality. When the activity is created,  if you go on the notes area it attaches the merged word document. Now, this is unwanted to my client as it is massively expanding the database as thousands of documents are printed in a day. Is there any way we can stop outlook to attach the merged document in the notes area of the created activity?

If there it is not possible through the CRM's out of box functionality, Is there any way I can do it using plug in or workflows? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Nemath

Nemath
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 4:39 PM

All replies

• Hello, there is no standard feature to prevent this behaviour. It's one of the many downsides of using CRM to deliver marketing emails instead of using a third-party email service provider.

You could write a plugin, or possibly a workflow, to delete the attached file records. The entity is called Notes (schema name: annotation).

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Friday, February 18, 2011 1:25 PM