Windows Live OneCare express back up issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have been completing a back up using one care for the past 1+ year.  Every month on a scheduled date, new or changed files from the previous month are backed up.  This month, when the processes started, I was promoted to complete an entire new back up for all my files for the past year, and not just the new or changed files.  As per OneCare, my last backup was completed on 09/19/2009, but when I tried to "view last back up report", I received the message that "Windows Live OneCare could not open the backup report because the report file is unavailable. It might have been removed or altered. Please check for the backup report again after the next successful backup."  I did not delete or alter any such file, as frankly I don't even know where to find it.

How can I restore the last back point, so my new back up only backs up new or changed files from that last back up point ?  I have a lot of information already backed up, and would like to avoid completing a full new back up as it will be very time consuming.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you.
    Sunday, November 1, 2009 5:40 PM

Answers

• If you have been prompted to start a new full backup, that's normal for about a year of use.
    The old backups are still available for restore, but they can no longer be updated.
    If you ever need to restore from the old backups, you would choose a custom restore option.
    -steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Sunday, November 1, 2009 6:22 PM