Error at windows activation RRS feed

• Question

• Well i has chating wit a friend in msn then i was gona open a folder to see some images i just taken wit my camera. then the last thing i saw before my computers monitor going black my kerpersky said Activation key is invalid or the protection has been diactivated..... well since my pc was running but i couldent see anything i got my pcs batery off so it would turn off then i turned my pc on and i brougth me to the bios and asked me to put the date since i was in hurry and it usualy actualizes thru the time server i didint care then i put exit and i got into my user and it tould me the windows key was invalid! i tried to put the key tats on my sticker but it said "Security error" then i tried to check the asus homepage (one of the options it gave me) put there are no sulutions there *figures* so i came to this forum....

I am portuguese, i am shaking, the os was pre-installed, i never had this error and, i have the sp2 rc2 on vista (the WU refresher)

HELP!!!!! i need to doo some school stuff fast (tats why i was on msn)
    Saturday, February 23, 2008 4:57 PM

Answers

•  

Hello DarklionPT,

In order to recieve the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue" click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into a response message in this thread.

If you do not have access to the Start Button:

1) Login to Vista and Click the option that brings up Internet Explorer.

2) Type: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 into the browser address bar.

3) A window will come up asking if you want to Run or Save, Select Run

4) When the program runs, Click the Continue button, then click the Copy button.

5) Return to the forums, create a new thread and post the Diagnostic Report

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, February 28, 2008 11:30 PM