Windows Server 2003 driver for Intel G31 graphics RRS feed

• Question

• Search though I have, I have not been able to find a driver for an Intel G31 embedded graphics chips.  Help!

Thx,

Ed

Saturday, August 16, 2008 1:19 AM

Answers

• If the standard VGA driver works (and I'm sure it does) don't worry about it. Your server is designed to be operated headless, so you won't be looking at the screen anyway.
    Saturday, August 16, 2008 1:57 AM

All replies

• If the standard VGA driver works (and I'm sure it does) don't worry about it. Your server is designed to be operated headless, so you won't be looking at the screen anyway.
    Saturday, August 16, 2008 1:57 AM
  • Sailwithed,

A Ken says, using standard VGA drivers is sufficient.

And if your server is operating without problems I would go to the rule "If it works, don't fix it!"

But your question suggests that maybe you have not installed the latest chip-set drivers for your motherboard? In that case you could check the manufactor of your motherboard for the proper drivers supporting Windows 2003. Also you could go the the Intel site here. (I must warn you not to experiment with chipset drivers unless you are sure. Installing the wrong drivers may result in server-instability or even total inoperability.)

Theo.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 12:26 AM
  •  

I had the same issue - and the standard VGA driver sucks, if you do not use a TFT display for the server. Standard rate of 60 Hz hurts the eyes. (Of course, usually you will use Remotedesktop from your normal PC, in this case it doesn't matter any more.)

Installed the XP driver, which can be found here:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=2877&DwnldID=16463&strOSs=44&OSFullName=Windows*%20XP%20Professional&lang=eng

Before running the installer, right click on it, click Properties, select compatibility tab and select Windows XP.

Best greetings from Germany

Olaf
    Sunday, August 17, 2008 10:09 AM