How can you progammaticaly determine if an entity has hasactivities set? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

When you create a new entity you can set HasActivities.  When you RetrieveEntity there does not seem to be a property for whether the entiy HasActivities. 

Does anyone know of a way to determine if an existing entity has HasActivities set?  I am writing a C# app.

Thanks Paul

Friday, January 4, 2013 8:45 PM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

I hadn't noticed that the property wasn't in the metadata. You could always query the metadata for the relationships, and if there is one to activities then you know it HasActivities.

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, January 4, 2013 9:50 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Paul,

I hadn't noticed that the property wasn't in the metadata. You could always query the metadata for the relationships, and if there is one to activities then you know it HasActivities.

Scott Durow
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, January 4, 2013 9:50 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Scott

That was the solution, sorry forgot to mark that as the answer.  I also used it for determining if an entity hasnotes, again no property for that one either.

Paul

P.S. Thanks for Ribbon Workbench.  :-)  Works great.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:06 PM
  • You're welcome! Thanks for the update :)

Scott Durow

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:27 PM
    Answerer