two hubs in my circle. RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3 computers in my family.  One is my daughter school computer, I need it protected but she has to manage it away from my hub.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:19 PM

Answers

• You can have multiple "hubs" in your Circle. However, since you have to the backup forum, I'll note that you cannot use Centralized Backup for a remote machine. So, if you have configured Centralized backup and are using your other Hub machine to host the backup, you need to change the settings for the remote PC, your daughter's, to use backup to a USB drive, DVD/CD, or other location at school and *not* use Centralized backup. Her PC does not need to eb a Hub PC for this. You simply need to set the options to allow each PC to manage and configure their own backups.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:27 PM

All replies

• Each computer in a One Care Circle can be managed locally.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:25 PM
  • You can have multiple "hubs" in your Circle. However, since you have to the backup forum, I'll note that you cannot use Centralized Backup for a remote machine. So, if you have configured Centralized backup and are using your other Hub machine to host the backup, you need to change the settings for the remote PC, your daughter's, to use backup to a USB drive, DVD/CD, or other location at school and *not* use Centralized backup. Her PC does not need to eb a Hub PC for this. You simply need to set the options to allow each PC to manage and configure their own backups.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:27 PM