Frustration RRS feed

• Question

• I sat an exam yesterday where one of the sim questions crashed.  It had a script error at first but eventually hung the session.  The 'proctor' came and reset the machine and I tried to pick up where I left off.  I tried to answer the question by performing the tasks in a different order and it did the same thing, it wouldn't reset or allow me to answer it, ho hum.

When I finished the exam I got 677 and have appealed as another 2.3% and I would have passed, but without the sim what can you do.  I am awaiting appeal  (hopefully its not just a free retake).

Anyhow, the guy who sorted the machine knew exactly what question and where it would bomb and was a known problem.... so why is this sim still part of the exam?  If I have a 'free retake' and the same question arises I may be back in the same boat.....

So, why not remove the question?

Mell
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 10:58 PM

Answers

• While I do not proctor the exams I am unaware of any single question on any single exam that is causing a crash. This may be an issue at your local testing center. Please follow-up here if you do not get a satisfactory resolution or even if you do. If you did not already I might suggest you contact your local Microsoft RESC as well.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.mspx

Stephen Charles Rea [MCT] askthemct.com
    • Proposed as answer by Michael D. Alligood Tuesday, June 24, 2008 9:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by .revEditor Wednesday, July 2, 2008 7:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by .revEditor Wednesday, July 2, 2008 7:26 PM
    Friday, June 6, 2008 12:53 AM
    Answerer
  • Microsoft is not known to rescore exams, despite issues that arise during the exam process. You will more than likely be offered an exam voucher for your troubles to retake the exam or any other exam for free. The issue of exam crashing has been in the news as of late. It has not been publizied whether or not Prometric software or the exam delivery center hardware could be causing the issue. Regardless, it seems to be a Prometric issue.

Michael D. Alligood www.theitclassroom.com
    Saturday, June 28, 2008 4:46 PM

All replies

• While I do not proctor the exams I am unaware of any single question on any single exam that is causing a crash. This may be an issue at your local testing center. Please follow-up here if you do not get a satisfactory resolution or even if you do. If you did not already I might suggest you contact your local Microsoft RESC as well.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/worldsites.mspx

Stephen Charles Rea [MCT] askthemct.com
    • Proposed as answer by Michael D. Alligood Tuesday, June 24, 2008 9:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by .revEditor Wednesday, July 2, 2008 7:26 PM
    Friday, June 6, 2008 12:53 AM
    Answerer
  • Update:

Prometrics initial response was  " you have answered all of the questions".... ?

I then asked to be passed on but the information they have is limited.  They said they would send all of the details to MS, so I asked them for the MS tel no and have since logged a call with them, who may I add, took far more interest and recorded the details and will get back to me.

The biggest problem I have is should I move on and start the 298 prep (last exam) or spend more time on the 294 exam?

Can they award an exam or is it just a matter of a retake?

Why is it that the test centre see the same issue each time the question arises? whilst I appreciate that there may be a 'computability issue' how come it is yet to be resolved?

will keep you posted.

Mell
    Friday, June 6, 2008 11:42 AM
  • Microsoft is not known to rescore exams, despite issues that arise during the exam process. You will more than likely be offered an exam voucher for your troubles to retake the exam or any other exam for free. The issue of exam crashing has been in the news as of late. It has not been publizied whether or not Prometric software or the exam delivery center hardware could be causing the issue. Regardless, it seems to be a Prometric issue.

Michael D. Alligood www.theitclassroom.com
    Saturday, June 28, 2008 4:46 PM