How to Set Limit To users for Export To Excel Option. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I got a New Request form My client saying that Based on a user Role i need to Export the Excel. (IE) If suppose a salesperson Login to CRM system he need to Download only 50/250 Records from the Current View IF exceeds we need to alert him...

If Administrator we need to Get them download all the Records..

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:06 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure you can set up this type of restriction.

The ability to export to Excel is a privilege in the security roles of course and removing this privilege affects other things users may need to do.

There is also no supported way to inject the jscrip into the export to Excel button functionality.

Perhaps a better work around would be to remove the export to Excel privilege from all but administrators and have users submit export requests.

Jason Peterson

• Proposed as answer by munerz_95 Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:50 PM
    Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:57 PM
  • I agree with Jason the only caveat that I would add is that if it is absolutely essential to reduce the number of records that the user can export to excel there is potentially an unsupported method

http://mscrmtech.com/crm2011-extending-the-10000-record-limit-when-exporting-to-excel/

This is to increase but i'd guess you could also decrease the number allowed to be exported at a time, however this would obviously affect the administrator but could be overwritten should the need occur.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:55 PM