none
502 error RRS feed

• Question

• In the course of an online credit card transaction I have received the following error message

Quote Error 502-Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server

Tere is a problem with the page you relooking for and it cannot be displayed.When the Web server( while acting as a gateway or a proxy) contacted the upstream contact server , it reciveds an invalid response from the content serverUNQUOTE .

As a consequence, I was unable to download the e-books  I ordered but the CC has probably been charged,

The seller has immediately spotted the problem and asked me  to contact them.

Before I do this, I’d like to understand and fix the problem.

I think it is because I have recently updated the hosts file at the root in order to block all the ads and other unsolicited junk . In the process,  all the previous 127.0.0.1  entries in the hosts file have now been automatically replaced  with  0.0.0.0.

This  has completely blocked all the ADS and allied junk, but it may have created another problem, namely this one.

If this is the cause of the problem, how can l fix it. Revert back to the HOSTS file before the update? How

Thanks

Ittiandro

• Moved by Manu Meng Tuesday, September 17, 2019 1:48 AM Because it is
    Friday, September 13, 2019 2:40 AM

All replies

• Hi

Is this meant for the exchange forums or another one?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, September 13, 2019 9:46 AM