Windows Live One Care 2.0 Help gets better RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Just thought I mention alot of questions asked in the beta are Wloc 2.0 basic info & trouble shooting WLOC 2.0 Help  gets more indepth on answer as things Move along. You might be surprized and might find an answer there. plus there is a feedback tool if you see something that doesn't look right or needs more info you can send feedback there way. there's alot more there since July 11th. Also Might be a good Idea to check back if answer not there now it might be added later.
    Monday, August 13, 2007 7:57 PM

All replies

• Thanks Mikro.

I'm glad to read that it is being filled in. Chela said that it was in the works in here post here - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1875209&SiteID=2 

-steve

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 12:06 AM
  • Mikro, you're fast... because, it's true we posted new help topics today for the 2.0 beta, you should see more topics for Printer Sharing, the OneCare Circle and Backup. We have another bunch that should be ready early next month as well on OneCare and domains joined machines, and LAN connectivity troubleshooting. Please let me know when you see gaps, we would like to make sure that our help covers the most common questions and issues.

Thank you,

Chela

Windows Live OneCare

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 4:35 AM
  •  Chela wrote:

Mikro, you're fast... because, it's true we posted new help topics today for the 2.0 beta, you should see more topics for Printer Sharing, the OneCare Circle and Backup. We have another bunch that should be ready early next month as well on OneCare and domains joined machines, and LAN connectivity troubleshooting. Please let me know when you see gaps, we would like to make sure that our help covers the most common questions and issues.

Thank you,

Chela

Windows Live OneCare

I only found a few Help site issues it's not in the content but navigating the pages

#1 The left side bar Topic Search I threw a few easy topic like One Care Circle and One Care Firewall. but no resaults were found but if I navigate off the topic menu list there's the info in plan siight. (Update: I got smart and tested the search with just single words like just Firewall or Circle and search finally worked.) 

#2 IE Back button resaults in  page expired error page that's when using Instant Help

I've used the Useful Not Useful feedback function on the site to comment on help content.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 5:28 AM
  • Thanks for the feedback

#1 Not sure i completely understand, so if you search for longer terms and click the search button it doesn't find anything?

#2 this is known issue and we're going to fix it soon, we essentially need to open the help site in a customized windows that doesn't have the back button in the browser.  Similar to how we open help today from http://onecare.live.com -- to see this click the help link in the header

In addition to feedback on existing topics are there any topics that we don't have that you would like to see. If you could add just one more topic what would it be?

-Chela

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:24 PM
  •  Chela wrote:

Thanks for the feedback

#1 Not sure i completely understand, so if you search for longer terms and click the search button it doesn't find anything?

#2 this is known issue and we're going to fix it soon, we essentially need to open the help site in a customized windows that doesn't have the back button in the browser.  Similar to how we open help today from http://onecare.live.com -- to see this click the help link in the header

In addition to feedback on existing topics are there any topics that we don't have that you would like to see. If you could add just one more topic what would it be?

-Chela

#1 you got it, to search first time use I tried the term Windows Live One Care firewall or One Care Circle and got nothing. No Items foound. Those were what I related the topic too   

But then I tried just typing firewall and Circle also  Virus scan they all worked.  

Thursday, August 16, 2007 1:15 AM