An error occurred while retrieving Date RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    My issue is in CRM 4.0

My problem is that in forms (edit.aspx) that includes attributes type date, sometimes I the browser freeze and not responding , after 5 or 6 minutes I gets a global error alert (client - Ok Cancel  dialogbox – not modal dialog !!!  that  Exception Accrued ….)  , after hit on OK button I get an alert dialogbox that says "An error occurred while retrieving Date"

We have tried everything,  running the Crm Trace didn't gets us any ideas …

Every help will be great

Thanks
    ItzikBS

Monday, September 22, 2008 11:27 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

The solution for my problem, is not about a date format , but it was an issue of limitation of Internet Explorer that limits the number of simultaneous downloads to two downloads, plus one queued download – probably a crm form goes with AJAX to do something with date fields, and that limitation was stop it from working currect.

My solution was to increase that amount by using this :

How to configure Internet Explorer to have more than two download sessions

I'm sure everyone who developing WEB apps will find this article very interesting.

Thanks

Thursday, September 25, 2008 8:35 AM

All replies

• Since the date attribute is pretty standard on all CRM records, this error will show up in any CRM record - is this true or only on some CRM records?  Any custom SDK in the there?

Is this a new installation? When did this error started happening - maybe help isolate the variable that caused it.

Good luck.

Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
    http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm
    http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com

Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:40 AM
  •  

Hi,

The solution for my problem, is not about a date format , but it was an issue of limitation of Internet Explorer that limits the number of simultaneous downloads to two downloads, plus one queued download – probably a crm form goes with AJAX to do something with date fields, and that limitation was stop it from working currect.

My solution was to increase that amount by using this :

How to configure Internet Explorer to have more than two download sessions

I'm sure everyone who developing WEB apps will find this article very interesting.

Thanks

Thursday, September 25, 2008 8:35 AM