none
Help I made a USB key and formated my Legit 8.1

Question

• My windows 10 POS OS is not activated. Can anyone please help me. The install was hell! Got watch dog error 5 times and so far not liking the OS.

GOD I MISS 8.1

Thursday, July 30, 2015 6:37 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello, I done the same, I created a bootable usb drive and installed the windows 10 x64 iso using rufus, I took this method as the upgrade failed 6 times from windows update. During setup I was asked which partition I wanted to install win10 onto, then received an error because the partitions were GPT and win10 couldn't be installed on any of them. I then deleted the partitions and unintentionally wiped the whole drive, thus losing my genuine copy of windows 8.1 and having an activate windows 10 message once the install completed. Total nightmare, I do have another HDD for my laptop with 8.1 on it but that copy is not genuine, so it looks like I'm either going to have to pay £99 to activate or go back to using my other HDD.
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 10:36 AM
  • Please repost your Windows 10 query to the appropriate WIndows 10 Community forum here...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winactivate 

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Sunday, August 02, 2015 8:53 AM
    Answerer