none
Is there a way to search just my threads to find a particular one? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

We don't have a searchbox in my threads page to search for threads that you've created or participated. This is in our feature list however we don't have an ETA as to when we'll have it available.

However, there's a way to search for this. What you do is you go to bing.com

In the search box type:

For threads that you want to search that you've contributed to:

(<keyword>) (meta:Search.MSForums.ThreadContributorUserName(<yourdisplayname>) site:microsoft.com)

eg:

(Impossible) (meta:Search.MSForums.ThreadContributorUserName(Don Tan) site:microsoft.com)

For threads that you want to search that you've created to: 

(<keyword>) (meta:Search.MSForums.ThreadStarterUserName(Don Tan) site:microsoft.com)

eg:

(Purpose) (meta:Search.MSForums.ThreadStarterUserName(Don Tan) site:microsoft.com)

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Forums Test Lead
    • Proposed as answer by Naomi NModerator Friday, February 19, 2010 1:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by new to sql server Friday, February 19, 2010 7:44 PM
    • Edited by Don Tan Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:12 AM
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:48 PM
  • Try typing in multiple keywords with the paranthesis. e.g. (Purpose of this forum) (meta:Search.MSForums.ThreadStarterUserName(Don Tan) site:microsoft.com)

Thanks.

Forums Test Lead
    Friday, February 19, 2010 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We don't have a searchbox in my threads page to search for threads that you've created or participated. This is in our feature list however we don't have an ETA as to when we'll have it available.

However, there's a way to search for this. What you do is you go to bing.com

In the search box type:

For threads that you want to search that you've contributed to:

(<keyword>) (meta:Search.MSForums.ThreadContributorUserName(<yourdisplayname>) site:microsoft.com)

eg:

(Impossible) (meta:Search.MSForums.ThreadContributorUserName(Don Tan) site:microsoft.com)

For threads that you want to search that you've created to: 

(<keyword>) (meta:Search.MSForums.ThreadStarterUserName(Don Tan) site:microsoft.com)

eg:

(Purpose) (meta:Search.MSForums.ThreadStarterUserName(Don Tan) site:microsoft.com)

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Forums Test Lead
    • Proposed as answer by Naomi NModerator Friday, February 19, 2010 1:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by new to sql server Friday, February 19, 2010 7:44 PM
    • Edited by Don Tan Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:12 AM
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 9:48 PM
  • Thanks for the help.  How do I use more than one keyword?  
    Friday, February 19, 2010 2:10 PM
  • Try typing in multiple keywords with the paranthesis. e.g. (Purpose of this forum) (meta:Search.MSForums.ThreadStarterUserName(Don Tan) site:microsoft.com)

Thanks.

Forums Test Lead
    Friday, February 19, 2010 5:30 PM
  • thanks.
    Friday, February 19, 2010 7:44 PM