none
'Rename A Folder Pair' and Delete A Folder Pair' are greyed out RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently installed SyncToy 2.0 running on XP SP3.

I cannot rename a folder pair I have created as the rename and delete options are greyed out.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thursday, October 15, 2009 7:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Lave,

On the left panel, you should see all the folder pair listed. For example, I have two folder pairs (Sync01, Sync01) created, then on the left panel, the following list should show:

-----------
    Sync01
    Sync02
    All Folder Pairs
    -----------

If you can only see "All Folder Pairs" and there isn't any folder pair shown in the right panel, it means there was no folder pair created.

On the other hand, do you know SyncToy2.1 was just released last month. I strongly recommend you try it out:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=c26efa36-98e0-4ee9-a7c5-98d0592d8c52

Thanks,
    Nina

Monday, November 30, 2009 2:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Lave,

On the left panel, you should see all the folder pair listed. For example, I have two folder pairs (Sync01, Sync01) created, then on the left panel, the following list should show:

-----------
    Sync01
    Sync02
    All Folder Pairs
    -----------

If you can only see "All Folder Pairs" and there isn't any folder pair shown in the right panel, it means there was no folder pair created.

On the other hand, do you know SyncToy2.1 was just released last month. I strongly recommend you try it out:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=c26efa36-98e0-4ee9-a7c5-98d0592d8c52

Thanks,
    Nina

Monday, November 30, 2009 2:52 AM
  • Furthermore suggestion is, maybe you just need to click on one folder you will see these two buttons are enabled. Such as in Nina 's example, you just click on Sync01, SyncToy will show some specific info for this folder pairs and you can rename it or delete it. 

-----------
    Sync01
    Sync02
    All Folder Pairs
    -----------

Thanks,
    Ping

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, November 30, 2009 8:31 AM
  • Hi.  Thanks for the replies.  My problem is sorted now.

I wasn't aware of the new version but will be downloading it now.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 7:36 AM