Version of windows in no longer genuine? RRS feed

• Question

• I took my computer to get fixed and since then it has said that my copy of windows is not genuine. I have an HP and have windows vista that came with the computer. How can I resolve this issue? I can't update my windows defender, etc and I am just worried. Not tech savvy so sorry if this is a stupid question
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 3:33 AM

Answers

• No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:21 PM

All replies

• Please observe the first announcement above.

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 4:11 AM
    Answerer
  • slowly but surely downloading I tried once already and at 70 percent there was an error and I had to start over, thanks for responding

Sunday, April 17, 2011 5:30 AM
  • it did the same thing, it said the connection with the server was reset and cannot download the file?
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 5:39 AM
  • "MandyBeth33" wrote in message news:bf05c2dd-34c4-46e5-abb9-c3a226f6bd74...
    it did the same thing, it said the connection with the server was reset and cannot download the file?

Can you download the file on another computer? If so, copy it to yours, and then run it.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 5:52 AM
  • maybe let me try, I am at work so possibly on my work computer
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 6:00 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:21 PM