Why moderators mark the wrong answers?! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm really tired of this... here is one example where the moderator clearly can't see the mistake and still marks the post as the correct answer! and the funny thing is I actually wrote that the code doesn't work correctly!

The code goes into infinite loop, it's easy to spot. >.<! so please do SOMETHING about it.

I've been saying nothing for a long time but really, I'm not asking for much I just want moderators to check the replies, check the code in question and then decide whether to mark the post as the correct answer.

Regards,

Eyal Shilony

• Edited by Eyal Solnik Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:46 AM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:57 AM

Answers

• Done Done Done!!!

Fortunately, I'm a mod in that forum, so I just unmarked it myself. In the future, try flagging it under the "Other" category and explain that the code doesn't work and that they unmark it as an answer (and ask that they then clear your flag when they're done).

Thanks!

Ed Price, Power BI & SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Saturday, February 1, 2014 12:50 AM

All replies

• Agreed and voted.

Hannes

If you have got questions about this, just ask.

In a perfect world,
    users would never enter data in the wrong form,
    files they choose to open would always exist
    and code would never have bugs.

My Forum Threads

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:26 AM
  • Done Done Done!!!

Fortunately, I'm a mod in that forum, so I just unmarked it myself. In the future, try flagging it under the "Other" category and explain that the code doesn't work and that they unmark it as an answer (and ask that they then clear your flag when they're done).

Thanks!

Ed Price, Power BI & SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Saturday, February 1, 2014 12:50 AM
  • Hello,

I'm really tired of this... here is one example where the moderator clearly can't see the mistake and still marks the post as the correct answer! and the funny thing is I actually wrote that the code doesn't work correctly!

The code goes into infinite loop, it's easy to spot. >.<! so please do SOMETHING about it.

I've been saying nothing for a long time but really, I'm not asking for much I just want moderators to check the replies, check the code in question and then decide whether to mark the post as the correct answer.

Regards,

Eyal Shilony

So you want to be an Answerer in that forum, maybe a Moderator? Send me an email!

How to Become an MSDN or TechNet Forum Moderator/Answerer

Factors to make a case to become a Moderator:

1. Business Case: First you need a business case for EVERY SINGLE FORUM (not categories). Include a link to EVERY SINGLE FORUM. Examples of business cases:
      1. There aren't enough answers being proposed and marked.
      2. The moderation in the forum is "little to none". Perhaps the moderators had to move on or don't have time anymore.
      3. The forum still needs a lot of cleanup work... threads need to be moved.
      4. The forum still needs a lot of cleanup work... Spam needs to stop.
      5. The forum still needs a lot of cleanup work... conversations need to be moderated more.
      6. The forum still needs a lot of cleanup work... threads should be merged or split.
      7. The forum still needs a lot of cleanup work... thread types need to be changed (for example, Questions should be changed to Discussions, or Discussions need to be changed to Questions)
    2. Experience: You need to prove that you can be a strong Moderator by your knowledge and track record. Make sure you include a link to your profile. Examples of experience:
      1. You have 3,000 plus Recognition Points.
      2. You have 200 plus answers.
      3. You have 3 plus Silver Achievement Medals.
      4. You're one of the top Answerers in your forum (preferably the top answerer, but there might be Moderators or others that are a little higher).
      5. You are an MVP or MCC.

Saturday, February 1, 2014 12:54 AM
  • <snip>

You are an MVP or MCC.

Interesting, does the MCC program really still exist? The old site has a link to a 'new home', but when I click on the link it just takes me to the main Answers site. The program had already been placed mostly on hold (there's been one set of awards given during my time here I think) when I started posting here, so I'm not very familiar with how it all works.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,575+ strong and growing)

Saturday, February 1, 2014 1:12 AM
  • <snip>

You are an MVP or MCC.

Interesting, does the MCC program really still exist? The old site has a link to a 'new home', but when I click on the link it just takes me to the main Answers site. The program had already been placed mostly on hold (there's been one set of awards given during my time here I think) when I started posting here, so I'm not very familiar with how it all works.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,575+ strong and growing)

Yes. Sort of. =^)

There are some people with it currently.

It's in transition! (again)

Saturday, February 1, 2014 1:40 AM
  • Ed, I've sent you an email.

Regards,<br/> <br/> Eyal Shilony

Saturday, February 1, 2014 12:59 PM
  • Ed, I've sent you an email.

Regards,<br/> <br/> Eyal Shilony

Great. I replied. Thanks!

Friday, February 7, 2014 7:03 AM
  • I agree, but I see you're a moderator in that forum (as well as Bonnie and many others). So, you can simply unmark the wrong answer and state your reason.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:44 AM
  • You're one of the top Answerers in your forum (preferably the top answerer, but there might be Moderators or others that are a little higher).

This is hard to prove now when there is no statistics per forum displayed anymore.

My blog

My TechNet articles

• Edited by Naomi N Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:48 AM
    Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:47 AM
  • It doesn't even open for me now. I think the program got frozen. However, the labels still remain and they are confusing.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:50 AM
  • MVPs are not necessarily moderators.  I am not a moderator.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Sunday, September 21, 2014 9:31 PM
  • @_NET_Neutrality_,

I'm glad that you managed to recover my post, really.

The amount of curses you write, the amount of times you twisted my name and whatnot just got me for few min but then I deleted it because you really don't worth anyone's time even though I spent more than enough on you.

You even curse me in threads that I don't even reply and I'm the pathetic? pfft, at least learn the meaning of the words before you write in English.

I never met someone on the internet that can hate someone he doesn't know so much, I really feel sorry for you.

If you can't take criticism and have a civilized discussion with someone what does your questionable knowledge makes you?

I'll continue to delete your offensive posts until you realize you're not alone in this world and that there are members that read these posts,

I have no personal business with you so once you get down from the tree and also realize that you're not so special and we're all there to help people! then we can finally have peace.

You can disagree with everything I say, I don't mind it, you can correct me and I've been corrected few times in the past but you must be open for opinions and see past yours.

P.S. Can someone please ban him and delete his posts from this thread? or talk some sense into him.

Cheers,

Eyal Shilony

You are free to contact me through 'msdn at shilony net' for anything related to the C# forum.

• Edited by Eyal Solnik Tuesday, September 23, 2014 8:15 AM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:32 AM
  • pfft, stealing your credentials? lol

Don't worry for every modified post there's a well documented reason.

Cheers,

Eyal Shilony

You are free to contact me through 'msdn at shilony net' for anything related to the C# forum.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 7:37 PM