none
Performance testing using loadgen tool RRS feed

• Question

• While i was running a simulation task using LoadGen tool It is throwing an exception .I am using Client Machine which is of 16gb ram and 8 cpus and exchange server 16gb ram 4cpus

The below is the screen shot of the issue which i am facing.Can anyone please help me in resolving this error.And Please provide information about basic LoadGen test with steps.

Any help is highly appreciated

• Moved by Manu Meng Tuesday, September 11, 2018 6:25 AM Because it is
    Thursday, September 6, 2018 11:48 AM

All replies

• Are you running this on an Exchange 2010 server?  What service pack and update rollup level are you running?  Are you running the LoadGen tool on a separate machine from the server?  You should.  What are the specs of that machine?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, September 6, 2018 6:00 PM
  • Let me have a brief summary on the design what i did

I had created 3 Machines 

1)Client Machine:  This machine is domain joined and i had installed LoadGen tool and Outlook(i.e this is the machine in which i  am running LoadGen test)

2)Exchange Server:  This machine is domain joined and  installed with Exchange Server 2016 CU8

3)DCMachine: This is the machine which ADDS is installed and domain joined.

The details of the Client Machine is 16GB RAM with 4CPU'S

Friday, September 7, 2018 5:25 AM
  • Hi RajuPenmetsa4545,

Based your description, we know, your problem is related with the using of a three-party tool. We cannot provide the support for you, because we cannot test it and make sure the security of it.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, September 7, 2018 8:29 AM
  • Can you please provide information of how to test using LoadGen tool
    Friday, September 7, 2018 8:46 AM
  • Hi RajuPenmetsa4545,

We cannot test this tool and make sure the security of it, so, we cannot provide the manual about how to use it. I would suggest you confirm with this tools' provider. 

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, September 10, 2018 1:55 AM
  • Kyle Xu, LoadGen is a Microsoft tool.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, September 10, 2018 2:59 AM
  • Hi Ed Crowley,

I confuse it with this one.  I am not sure which one the consumer is using.

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Monday, September 10, 2018 3:05 AM