I want to turn off automatic renewal RRS feed

• Question

• I don't want my account set up to automatically renew my Windows Live One Care.  I want to control when my account is charged.  How do I remove this autorenewal?
    BG
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:52 PM

Answers

• As far as I know there is no way to change automatic renewal. You should get a renewal notice from One Care approximately one month before your subscription is due for renewal so you can choose at that time to renew or not.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:19 AM

All replies

• As far as I know there is no way to change automatic renewal. You should get a renewal notice from One Care approximately one month before your subscription is due for renewal so you can choose at that time to renew or not.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:19 AM
  • Jim is correct. If you have a valid credit card listed in your Billing account, OneCare is set to renew automatically per the terms of the purchase agreement on the expiration date of the current subscription. If you do not wish to use OneCare any longer, at least a day or so before expiration, contact support to cancel your account. At that point your subscription will be terminated and OneCare will go red, though the PC will be protected for several more weeks.
    Alternatively, if you wish to renew OneCare, but not use your credit card, pick up a retail copy of OneCare at any time before expiration and renew with the retail key from inside the box at https://billing.microsoft.com.
    How to Renew a Subscription to Windows Live OneCare

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 1:25 PM