CRM 2011 - Workflow Start Issue RRS feed

• Question

• 2011 On premise:

Have 2 admins -

Workflow is own by admin #1, but only processes when admin #2 is logged on.  this happens for all WFs.  The WFs are simple notifications WFs, nothing complicated about them.

Thanks for any advice -

Torry 

Monday, March 2, 2015 4:59 PM

Answers

• Hello Torry,

Could you provide some more information about your problem to see if I can help. If I understood correctly, user A is owner of the workflows, but they only run when User B is logged on?

Microsoft Dynamics CRM doesn't have any king of process that makes a workflow only work when someone is online, so my best guess is that those workflows are sending emails and those emails are configured to be sent by User B. This also leads me to believe that User B email outbound is set to use his Outlook Client.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

• Proposed as answer by Pedro Beltrao Friday, March 6, 2015 4:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Torry D Friday, March 6, 2015 4:19 PM
    Monday, March 2, 2015 6:28 PM
  • Hello Torry,

If the outbound setting is set to use his outlook client, then yes, he does need to be online and with outlook running. To avoid this, you can configure the CRM Email router and set his outbound to use it.

Kind Regards,

Pedro

• Marked as answer by Torry D Friday, March 6, 2015 4:18 PM
    Friday, March 6, 2015 4:02 PM

All replies

• Hello Torry,

Could you provide some more information about your problem to see if I can help. If I understood correctly, user A is owner of the workflows, but they only run when User B is logged on?

Microsoft Dynamics CRM doesn't have any king of process that makes a workflow only work when someone is online, so my best guess is that those workflows are sending emails and those emails are configured to be sent by User B. This also leads me to believe that User B email outbound is set to use his Outlook Client.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

• Proposed as answer by Pedro Beltrao Friday, March 6, 2015 4:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Torry D Friday, March 6, 2015 4:19 PM
    Monday, March 2, 2015 6:28 PM
  • Hi Pedro -

You're correct,  I confirmed the WFs are configured to be sent by user B. Haven't confirmed the outbound setting.   Even if configured to be sent by user B shouldn't the emails still get sent out without user B logged on?

Thank you

Friday, March 6, 2015 3:54 PM
  • Hello Torry,

If the outbound setting is set to use his outlook client, then yes, he does need to be online and with outlook running. To avoid this, you can configure the CRM Email router and set his outbound to use it.

Kind Regards,

Pedro

• Marked as answer by Torry D Friday, March 6, 2015 4:18 PM
    Friday, March 6, 2015 4:02 PM
  • that was the issue, thank you pedro
    Friday, March 6, 2015 4:18 PM