Cant validate RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying for hours. I finally gave up..... I typed in my product key but when I finish, it starts validating but then an error happens. I've tried everything. Modem validation (something like that), typing my product key, Normal Windows activation, but it all does the same thing. It does the error thing. It also says at the bottom right hand side corner :

Windows Vista (TM)
    Build 6000
    This copy of Windows Vista is not geniune

For about a month, I didn't use my laptop because the charger broke and I ordered a new one. It just came in today and I used it on the laptop. When my little sister had to use the laptop for homework, she found what I described earlier. We've both been racking our brains on this. I had no idea that there was a CD or something. This laptop was originally my elder sister's but she got a new one so she gave me the current laptop I'm using right now. She first used it at July 7th 2008 or 2007 (I forgot) .  She won't visit us until 24th November so until then we just have to wait for her. But I want to fix this before she comes.

So far, I've tried the windows validation thing on this website 4 times and they all came up with the same result:

Validation Incomplete

The validation service is unable to determine whether this copy of Windows Vista is genuine.

I am sure this windows is not conterfeit or any of the sort because I have used it many times before without any problems and it has a Proof of License Certificate of Authenticity and the product key attached to the laptop works on the validation (Until it stops and becomes error)

Friday, October 16, 2009 9:27 PM

Answers

• No reply from original poster

Closing thread as Answered

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:16 PM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:16 PM

All replies

•   In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

If you do not have access to the Start Button:

1)    Login to Vista and click the option that brings up Internet Explorer.

2)    Type: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 into the browser address bar.

3)    A window will come up asking if you want to “Run” or “Save”, Select “Run”

4)    When the program runs, click the “Continue” button, then click the “Copy” button.

5)    Return to this thread http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinevista/thread/549b71f7-6a03-4d66-b5d9-c515ed5747c2.

6)    In a reply post, paste the Diagnostic Report.

Thank you,
    Darin MS

Monday, October 19, 2009 8:09 PM
  • I don't have a Start button or anything in that row at the bottom. I'm trying it atm
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:45 PM
  • It said:

Validation status: Invalid
    Validation Code:50

and tons of numbers that I have no idea what they mean. I can't copy and paste it either so......I didn't do it the old fashioned way......
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:47 PM
  • Hello rpwv,

I will need the full Diagnostic Report to be able to diagnose the issue and provide the correct resolution steps.

When you run the MGA Diag Tool, you will need to click the 'Continue' button. Once it completes it scan, you will need to click the 'Copy' button. Next, return to this thread and click 'Reply'.  A text box will open (the place where you type) Right-click in the text box area and select 'Paste'.

If you are unable to paste a Diagnostic Report, I recommend creating a (no cost) Service Request at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52029 for further assistance with your Non-Genuine issue.

(Note: If your windows is not able to do a simple Copy/Paste operation, it's possible that Vista is have a larger issue and the Non-Genuine message is just a side effect of that issue.)

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Monday, October 26, 2009 7:23 PM
  • No reply from original poster

Closing thread as Answered

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:16 PM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:16 PM