Is it possible to create an entity relationship between the account and user entities? RRS feed

• Question

• We have added custom attributes to the account entity.  For example account manager and account coordinator.  Currently the attributes have been added with the data type nvarchar and the format E-mail.  These custom attributes will always be Dynamics CRM users.  I would like to create an entity relationship between account and user so that on the account form I can choose a Dynamics CRM user for these two custom attributes. 

We create a new case for our technical support requests.  Each case is associated with one account or contact.  When a new case is opened I would like to use a workflow to send an email to the two custom entities I created, which were account manager and account coordinator depending on the account or contact the case is associated with.  Is this possible and if so how would I accomplish this?

Thursday, March 3, 2011 5:52 PM

Answers

• Jamie is right and if you need more detail, here is a link to a good article on the Resource Center.

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:52 PM
  • It is possible.  You can create a new workflow in the GUI and use the wizard.  I don't see anything here that would require a custom workflow assembly.   

You just need to first create the relationships to the related entities in the customize entities section.  It should be in settings, Customizations, customize entities.  Then double click on the entity you want to create the relationship to and go to the relationships tab and add the relationship.  Then you can work with these child entities in workflow through the wizard.

Jamie Miley
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 6:32 PM

All replies

• It is possible.  You can create a new workflow in the GUI and use the wizard.  I don't see anything here that would require a custom workflow assembly.   

You just need to first create the relationships to the related entities in the customize entities section.  It should be in settings, Customizations, customize entities.  Then double click on the entity you want to create the relationship to and go to the relationships tab and add the relationship.  Then you can work with these child entities in workflow through the wizard.

Jamie Miley
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 6:32 PM
  • Jamie is right and if you need more detail, here is a link to a good article on the Resource Center.

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:52 PM
  • Did you find the answer you needed?

Jamie Miley
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Saturday, June 4, 2011 2:32 AM