office enterprise 2007 pirate download RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded a copy of office enterprise 2007 from the net . then installed it.
    it had a key with it which worked for two to three months.
    then after a ms update it now has a non genuine advise on it
    i went and bought a genuine copy of ms. 2007 home student
    during installation error 1460 not enough permssion to registry poped up (retry-cancel-ignore )
    the retry button didn't work & ignore made seven or so more of these popups appear one after each other.
    at the end of install successfully installed came up.
    yet when you open any of the programs only the enterprise one opens (non genuine signed )

so next step was to delete enterprise from c drive
    this only gets so far untill a window pops up (you do not have enough permission to delete this program )
    so went and changed permissions for all users to full control yet still the same pop up comes up.

using vista 32bit system.

somebody please help me.
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 12:39 PM

Answers

• Hello PMCM,

Thank you for posting in the Office Genuine Advantage "OGA" Forum. First under
    NO circumstances should someone try to download/distribute ISO images for software from a P2P file sharing site or use a second-hand burned copies of software. Research has shown that about half of the software copies available on P2P download sites are infected with root kits, spyware, Trojans, and other potentially harmful malware. One file in particular was very alarming.  This file was an administrator account giving the attacker full control over both your system and data.  I would be very concerned about your system integrity because Windows is non-genuine.

With this being said you may want to back up any and all data and perform a complete reinstallation of your Windows. Next install all service packs and other updates along with antivirus. Then install your newly purchased Office and validation should work fine. Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine and http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/.  Here you can read more information about being genuine as well as what non-genuine software can do with computers.

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:24 PM
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:24 PM