Make Forum Posting A Better Experience RRS feed

• Question

• My apologies if this is not posted in the correct forum

To make answering questions more fun (for me at least), can the following be incorporated in the forums?

1) When adding code in a post, the code should retain the 'indenting' that I used. Makes it much easier to read.
    2) Email alerts most of the time are late. Specially on the weekends.
    3) Line Spacing frequently goes for a toss. I have to edit the post once I have posted.
    4) Use of tags so that I don't have to launch another window to post my code. If this option is already there then I am not aware of it.
    5) Ability to attach small sample Files/Pictures in the forum itself.

I feel that the above will make posting a great experience. :)

Thanks for reading

Sid (A good exercise for the Heart is to bend down and help another up)

Please do not email me your questions. I do not answer questions by email unless I get paid for it :) If you want, create a thread in Excel forum and email me the link and I will help you if I can.

Friday, July 29, 2011 9:15 AM

All replies

• Changed 'Type' to question.

Would like to know if this is possible or not?

Please do not email me your questions. I do not answer questions by email unless I get paid for it :) If you want, create a thread in Excel forum and email me the link and I will help you if I can.

Sunday, July 31, 2011 3:51 PM
  • I can only address your # 1 and # 3. This has been pointed out in one of these forums recently, and I believe Microsoft is working on a fix to preserve indenting and spacing. Another issue is the font is not fixed-width. In the meantime, I use the "Edit HTML Source" feature to insert code in my replies. I have a VBScript program that converts any text file into HTML, specifying a fixed-width font and preserving spacing and indenting. I use my program to convert the code, then paste it into the "Edit HTML Source" dialog. It makes the code I post much easier to read. If you are interested, the program is linked on this page:

http://www.rlmueller.net/ConvertCodeToHTML.htm

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 7:59 PM
  • Thank you Richard for your comments.

That is a kool link :) Let me test it.

Monday, August 1, 2011 5:28 AM
  • I posted this on the 29th July.

Is it normal in the feedback forum that you usually don't get acknowledged by the moderators or the relevant forum authorities? I don't see this in other forums though...

A simply reply like

We are going through your suggestion and we will get back to you shortly OR

It is not possible OR

It is possible

etc etc...

Hope I am not asking for too much?

Thursday, August 4, 2011 6:52 PM
  • I see that Point 5 has been implemented :) For images at least :)

Friday, August 5, 2011 4:27 PM