Windows Product Key Update Tool error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

The product key on my installed version of windows XP media centre and the one on the sticker on my media centre PC dont match. I suspect this is since the PC went into a repair shop for a broken hard drive where they re-installed windows.

I have followed the instructions from microsoft to use the product key update tool and when I run it i get an error saying -

"This application must be run on a supported version of the Windows XP operating system"

Help!!!!!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 9:50 AM

Answers

• Neilos,

The Product Key Update tool only works with Windows XP Home and Windows XP Professional. It is not compatible with Tablet edition or Media center edition.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 3:53 PM

All replies

• Are you seeing any WGA-related issue?  The Product Key Update Tool only works with Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional.
    Tuesday, October 31, 2006 2:41 PM
  • Neilos,

The Product Key Update tool only works with Windows XP Home and Windows XP Professional. It is not compatible with Tablet edition or Media center edition.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 3:53 PM
  • Do you have any suggestions how I would go about updating my product key other than doing a re-install of Windows which will be a pain in the ***.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 6:33 PM