Tweak UI - My Pictures, etc. RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone had any experience of using the Microsoft Tweak UI app on a client machine to point one of the "special folders", like My Pictures, to one of the shared folders on WHS?  Thanks in advance for any feedback, -KB
    Sunday, April 1, 2007 3:56 AM

Answers

• While I haven't done it myself, it should work fine. Several other users have reported that they've used equivalent techniques to create pseudo "roaming" profiles.
    Sunday, April 1, 2007 4:43 AM

All replies

• While I haven't done it myself, it should work fine. Several other users have reported that they've used equivalent techniques to create pseudo "roaming" profiles.
    Sunday, April 1, 2007 4:43 AM
  • I tried using TweakUI to do it but it didn't work.  Everytime I reopened TweakUI the path was set back to normal.  I got no errors at all.  I was hoping I could do this with My Documents but since I can't redirect other folders it doesn't seem to work.  I was also hoping that I could map one drive letter to show all the network shares but that doesn't seem to be possible either.  I have to create a mapped drive for each shared folder on the server.
    Sunday, April 1, 2007 4:59 AM
  • What OS are you using? For My Documents, you should just be able to right click, select Properties and change the location. Or you should be able to right click and drag the special folder to the new location, then choose Move Here from the pop-up menu. But TweakUI should be able to re-point the folder too. It won't move the files, though.
    Sunday, April 1, 2007 1:32 PM
  • Just using XP pro.  I just tried redirecting the SHARED folders on my pc to the server.  I haven't tried moving my documents.
    Monday, April 2, 2007 4:57 AM