How do I get office advantage legitcheck to run more than once ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

A quick browse through various on line blogs , links can be provided upon request, shows that the genuine advantage software can be run more than once, and differing results obtained . Sometimes upon first run oga, confirms a legit copy, yet the second run may indicate a counterfeit copy and vice versa.

I have been unable to run oga more than once, when attempting to do so all I get is a message, stating that it is install already. 

So my question is simple, How do I get it run again ? ie check again
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 11:50 AM

Answers

• Hello mr. MG,

The only scenario, that I am aware of, for the Office Genuine Advatage Notifier to give an incorrect notification is when the Notifier was orginally installed when the Office product was using a Non-Genuine Product key. If the Non-Genuine Product Key is later changed to a Genuine Product Key, the OGA Notifier would still (temperary) show the Office as Non-Genuine.  This is because the Notifier had not yet recheck the currently installed Office's new Genuine Status. The Notifer will recheck the Office's Genuine status every 5 to 7 days, so would eventually recheck the Office and see the new Genuine Product Key.

The user can also click the 'Learn More Online' link in the Non-Genuin Notification, which will force the Notifer to recheck the currently installed Office's Genuine status, right away. 

Please Note that, in this scenario, that if the Non-Genuine Product Key was not replaced with a Genuine Product Key, the Notifier (when it rechecks) will still, correctly, show the Office as Non-Genuine.

Another way to find your Office's Genuine status is to go to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ and click the 'Validate Office' button

I hope that answered your question,
    Darin MS  

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, September 21, 2009 9:36 PM
    Monday, September 21, 2009 9:36 PM

All replies

• Visit Microsoft Genuine Advantage and click on Validate Office.
    Carey Frisch
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 2:49 PM
  • Hello mr. MG,

The only scenario, that I am aware of, for the Office Genuine Advatage Notifier to give an incorrect notification is when the Notifier was orginally installed when the Office product was using a Non-Genuine Product key. If the Non-Genuine Product Key is later changed to a Genuine Product Key, the OGA Notifier would still (temperary) show the Office as Non-Genuine.  This is because the Notifier had not yet recheck the currently installed Office's new Genuine Status. The Notifer will recheck the Office's Genuine status every 5 to 7 days, so would eventually recheck the Office and see the new Genuine Product Key.

The user can also click the 'Learn More Online' link in the Non-Genuin Notification, which will force the Notifer to recheck the currently installed Office's Genuine status, right away. 

Please Note that, in this scenario, that if the Non-Genuine Product Key was not replaced with a Genuine Product Key, the Notifier (when it rechecks) will still, correctly, show the Office as Non-Genuine.

Another way to find your Office's Genuine status is to go to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ and click the 'Validate Office' button

I hope that answered your question,
    Darin MS  

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, September 21, 2009 9:36 PM
    Monday, September 21, 2009 9:36 PM