CAN NOT FIND MY PRODUCT KEY WIN XP PRO 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• HI I have a dell 5150 running win xp pro mce 2005,

I am having a problem, from booting from cd rom. It only seems to run to a stop point / and you are givem the choice to repair new reinstall or f3 exit, great. But it stalls there an nota happens,

I just install new hard drive an just cloned first drive for the aforementioned problems.

NOW this is funny I can put in reinstall disk, to hunt for things not installed no problem I can hit install an it works to the key product number, I just moved and remmber last 3 set of numbers etc. but my book that has it written down in in a bob or boxes market pc goodies, I have them all way back to 3.1 win. but that does me know good I am disabled so I NEED those numbers, so I do not  have to buy win 7 or mce if it is on one disk or so

PROBLEM HOW DO I RETEIVE THOSE NUMBERS, DELL DID IT ONCE AWHILE BACK ? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DO NOT PUT NUMBERS ON CIRCLE INSIDE OF CD/ CAN ANYONE HELP ME GET A NICE CLEAN NEW INSTALL.

TY ALL IN ADVANCE

Monday, March 7, 2011 7:13 AM

Answers

• Hello HOWARD2050,

If you have a Dell Dimension 5150 running XP MCE, use the product key that is printed on the Certificate of Authenticity sticker that is affixed to the top surface of the computer' case. 

Monday, March 7, 2011 2:01 PM

All replies

• Hello HOWARD2050,

If you have a Dell Dimension 5150 running XP MCE, use the product key that is printed on the Certificate of Authenticity sticker that is affixed to the top surface of the computer' case. 

Monday, March 7, 2011 2:01 PM
  • i have a similar issue - and found this site..

http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

a free app that can be run from the web and can find your keys

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 8:55 PM