WHS Method of Uploading/Downloading files RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if this is the right place, but I like the functionality of the way WHS lets you upload/download files
    via HTTP.  The ability to create an self-extracting .exe for transfer has been a real plus.  Does anyone know if
    this feature is available on any of the other Microsoft Server products.  Was looking at Server 2008 with FTP7, but
    not sure if that provides any of the easy navigation functionality.

Thanks,

Steve
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 11:43 PM

Answers

• That functionality isn't built into the operating system, I'm afraid. The entire Remote Access web site is a custom web application that the Windows Home Server team built for the product. With another OS you'd have to "roll your own".

The current version of Windows Home Server uses a control from Xceed to provide the zip functionality.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 3:38 PM

All replies

• That functionality isn't built into the operating system, I'm afraid. The entire Remote Access web site is a custom web application that the Windows Home Server team built for the product. With another OS you'd have to "roll your own".

The current version of Windows Home Server uses a control from Xceed to provide the zip functionality.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 3:38 PM
  • Thanks..

-Steve
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 4:25 AM