none
Microsoft Money 2005 and Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I hope this is of some encouragement to Microsoft Money users.   I have just installed Windows 10 Pro over Windows 7 Pro on two computers and to my relief Microsoft Money 2005 is still working as it did before.  I have never had any interest in linking the software with my bank so that is of no concern to me.

I have been using Microsoft Money for many years and I feel it is such an essential medium to manage ones finances that Bill Gates should put back some of his vast fortune into maintaining this software as a public service and help people to control their finances..

I have been holding back on upgrading to Windows 10 just because of this and Memory Map and that works too.

Saturday, January 18, 2020 10:05 AM

Answers

• Thank you for you interest and advice regarding the IE aspect. I note they Microsoft are <label id="spell_0" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;margin-font-size:13px;white-space:pre-wrap;cursor:pointer;">currently</label> punting Microsoft Edge as it's replacement and I <label id="spell_1" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;margin-font-size:13px;white-space:pre-wrap;cursor:pointer;">wonder</label> whether the relative Registry entry for Edge is the same as IE. I <label id="spell_2" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;margin-font-size:13px;white-space:pre-wrap;cursor:pointer;">believe</label> there is a Registry fix which accomplishes the same thing..

I do hope Microsoft do not inadvertently stop Money from working as it is <label id="spell_3" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;margin-font-size:13px;white-space:pre-wrap;cursor:pointer;">probably</label> the best bit of software for the purpose. If they did it deliberately I would be up in arms. I have tried others and some are so complicated to use it defeats the whole object of the exercise.

• Marked as answer by poor1 Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:26 PM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:25 PM

All replies

• Money works fine in Windows 10 but Money does rely on Internet Explorer for its operation. Money may not work if Microsoft fiddle with IE and change a critical component. I have installed a Windows XP virtual machine using the built in Hyper V VM and that runs Money fine, That will be fall back option should Money fail to work under Windows 10.

• Edited by SC489 Tuesday, January 28, 2020 8:37 AM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2020 4:27 PM
  • Thank you for you interest and advice regarding the IE aspect. I note they Microsoft are <label id="spell_0" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;margin-font-size:13px;white-space:pre-wrap;cursor:pointer;">currently</label> punting Microsoft Edge as it's replacement and I <label id="spell_1" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;margin-font-size:13px;white-space:pre-wrap;cursor:pointer;">wonder</label> whether the relative Registry entry for Edge is the same as IE. I <label id="spell_2" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;margin-font-size:13px;white-space:pre-wrap;cursor:pointer;">believe</label> there is a Registry fix which accomplishes the same thing..

I do hope Microsoft do not inadvertently stop Money from working as it is <label id="spell_3" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;margin-font-size:13px;white-space:pre-wrap;cursor:pointer;">probably</label> the best bit of software for the purpose. If they did it deliberately I would be up in arms. I have tried others and some are so complicated to use it defeats the whole object of the exercise.

• Marked as answer by poor1 Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:26 PM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:25 PM
  • Thank you for you interest and advice regarding the IE aspect. I note they Microsoft are <label id="spell_0" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;margin-font-size:13px;white-space:pre-wrap;cursor:pointer;">currently</label> punting Microsoft Edge as it's replacement and I <label id="spell_1" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;margin-font-size:13px;white-space:pre-wrap;cursor:pointer;">wonder</label> whether the relative Registry entry for Edge is the same as IE. I <label id="spell_2" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;margin-font-size:13px;white-space:pre-wrap;cursor:pointer;">believe</label> there is a Registry fix. I do hope they do not inadvertently stop Money from working as it is <label id="spell_3" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;margin-font-size:13px;white-space:pre-wrap;cursor:pointer;">probably</label> the best bit of software for the purpose. I have tried others and some are so complicated to use it defeats the whole object of the exercise.
    Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:27 PM