CRM 4 Automatic Import with Import Wizard only pulling through first 13 records to Leads RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I hope you can help me. I am importing leads into MS CRM 4 - aprox 250 leads at a time - I have created the csv file and am importing and it is importing only the first 13 records from the csv. When I sort the csv in a different order say alphebetically descending, and import again, the first 13 records import but are different records this time. I am confident that the csv I am working with is fine - any ideas I would be grateful.

Many Thanks,

Jo

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 4:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Is there any description column which got comma in to the particular field? try to open CSV file in text and see if you can spot any incorrect behaviour there?

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 4:29 PM
    Answerer
  • I opened the csv file in notepad and noticed the following

the first four columns had data in then, after that there was three columns with no data

these columns had commas in there place for example:

name,surname,address1,address2,status,description, lead source

john,byrne,ballyloo,nurney,,,,

However after the 15th row I found that the columns with no data at the end were not including the commas (,) so I resaved the csv and reopened and it has worked fine. Dont know why the commas were not put in for me when saving the csv as I saved it multiple times. It's working now. Import successful. Thank you for  you help.

Josephine

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:56 PM
  • Great!! nice to hear it is resolved.
    MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 9:35 AM
    Answerer