Sync Framework Samples: New Code Gallery Site Featuring Getting Started and Outlook Sync RRS feed

• General discussion

• We have created a new MSDN Code Gallery site for the Microsoft Sync Framework to show off some of the sync samples that we have been working on.  So far we have uploaded the following two samples:

Sync101 - Getting Started with Sync 

A great resource for getting started with Sync Framework & SQL Compact Metadata.  In this sample we show synchronization between three in memory data stores, higlighting data collaboration, conflict detection and custom conflict resolution.

Outlook Sync Sample - Contact Synchronization 

A more detailed contact synchronization sample, highlighting synchronization between Outlook, Vista Contacts and VCard files. It shows the concepts of data mapping between disparate data sources.

If you have any ideas or existing samples that you think should be added to the code gallery, please feel free to pass them on to me and I will make sure they are added.

Liam Cavanagh

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 11:20 PM

All replies

• We have just posted a new Sync Framework sample for devices to our code gallery entitled "Sync101 - (Windows Mobile) Device Synchronization".

This C# sample is meant to show how to use Microsoft Sync Framework on smart device such as Windows Mobile and to illustrate the "remote change application" (RCA) pattern over a web service (between a desktop PC and a smart device).

The current release of "Microsoft Sync Framework for Devices" does not contain the Metadata Store service. Because of this the provider on a device needs to implement the necessary metadata management functions in a type named "MyProviderMetadata". This sample shows how this can be accomplished.  Using this sample the provider on desktop will still uses the Metadata Store for an easy approach.

For more code gallery samples please visit our Sync Framework Code Gallery page.

Liam

Program Manager, Data Replication and Synchronization - http://msdn.microsoft.com/sync/
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 4:55 PM
  • HI Liam ,

Would  you please list a code sample to synch two SQL servers instances ..
    Monday, April 6, 2009 6:32 AM
  • HI Liam ,

Would  you please list a code sample to synch two SQL servers instances ..

Hi ,

This is satya ,

I one task like get data from one disconnected system like .mdf file,  sync to server database.I hope Sync Framework helps ..
    But i done some sample but not sync properly.i think there is mistake in my process.
    So any one please send any sample for that.

My requrrement is like: One checkpost there is no internet so data is inserted in to thair local db.
    Now i need to take that mdf file and Sync with server database

Thanks and regards
    satya
    satyanarayana.machari@rofous.com

Thursday, July 30, 2009 3:39 PM
  • Hi Satya,

There are many articles and code examples on Code project and Sync Guru.
    Try this one to start with
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/AdoSyncServicesArticalPKg.aspx

Vish
    Sr. Analyst Programmer, Palm Beach County
    Friday, August 7, 2009 8:37 PM
  •  

Outlook Sync Sample - Contact Synchronization 

A more detailed contact synchronization sample, highlighting synchronization between Outlook, Vista Contacts and VCard files. It shows the concepts of data mapping between disparate data sources.

Liam,

is there any possibilities to have this sample updated for the v2.0 Sync Framework?

Regards,
    Magnus

My blog: InsomniacGeek.com
    Friday, February 5, 2010 12:41 PM
  • Hi Satya,

There are many articles and code examples on Code project and Sync Guru.
    Try this one to start with
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/AdoSyncServicesArticalPKg.aspx

Vish
    Sr. Analyst Programmer, Palm Beach County

Thanks for your instruction!
    Friday, February 11, 2011 11:13 PM