Does WHS back up the .PST files from Outlook 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows 7 with the Beta Office 2010.  I am backing up my network to Windows Home Server.  I accidently removed a large portion of my contact list.  Is it possble to recover that information from last nights back up on my home server?  If so, how would I do it?
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 3:41 AM

Answers

• You would start by consulting the help file in the server console. The topic you are looking for is, oddly enough, titled "Learn how to restore files from a backup".

As for which file(s) to restore, and where to restore from/to, since you're asking about a .pst file I assume you have that covered.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 3:47 AM

All replies

• You would start by consulting the help file in the server console. The topic you are looking for is, oddly enough, titled "Learn how to restore files from a backup".

As for which file(s) to restore, and where to restore from/to, since you're asking about a .pst file I assume you have that covered.
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 3:47 AM
  • I am sorry but I do not have that covered.  I am not able to find either instance of those files.  I have looked at the "Learn How to Restore Files From a Backup" and I have opened last night's back up but I don't know where the file is.
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 4:02 AM
  • See this article on the Microsoft support site, which tells you how to find your personal folder file, back it up (manually), etc. Also see this search for pst file location on the same site; the article I linked is the first hit.
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 4:19 AM