One Care tune up RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently renewed my subscription to One Care.  Since doing so, when I run a tuneup scan it will not include the defrag . Could you suggest what one might do to correct this situation

Thanks

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 1:16 PM

Answers

• Ah, then it is working fine. Ignore the yellow warning in the Tune-up report. It ran as expected. What Defrag does in 2.0 is to run for a period of time and then stops. It does not analyze the disk, it just Defrags. If time runs out, it reports that it hasn't completed. That's fine since the file system is never really defragmented anyway. As files are written to disk, fragments are created. Defrag helps, even if it doesn't cover the whole physical disk.

-steve

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 7:21 PM

All replies

• Does it produce an error? Or does it report on the Tune-up report that it didn't complete?

-steve

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 2:56 PM
  • It just reports that it was not completed but gives no reason or error number.

Thanks Steve

David

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 7:12 PM
  • Ah, then it is working fine. Ignore the yellow warning in the Tune-up report. It ran as expected. What Defrag does in 2.0 is to run for a period of time and then stops. It does not analyze the disk, it just Defrags. If time runs out, it reports that it hasn't completed. That's fine since the file system is never really defragmented anyway. As files are written to disk, fragments are created. Defrag helps, even if it doesn't cover the whole physical disk.

-steve

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 7:21 PM
  • Thank you Steve.  It is just that this sudden change concerned me.  I appreciate your help and advice.  Pleasee accept my appreciation and kindest regards..

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 1:38 AM
  • You're very welcome. Take care,

-steve

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 12:08 PM