Replacements for MCPD Web Developer .Net 4 certification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Based on the website for MCPD Web Developer .Net 4 web training carriculum page, the certification will be expiring in about a year.  I was wondering what is the replacement certification for this?  The new MCSD certifications are focusing on Metro which is seems to be slightly different in focus.  Can anyone provide any resources?

My overall goal was to actually achieve MCSD in web technologies and focus on SharePoint 2010+

Monday, June 18, 2012 10:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Roman,

The porfolio of exams for Visual Studio 2012 is still a work in progress. The MCSD tracks for Windows Metro Apps was just announced a couple of weeks ago. I would anticipate that an announcement about a web track would follow in the near future. I was at the TechEd conference in Orlando last week. The first exam for the HTML5/JavaScript branch of the MCSD track (70-480) was made available in beta form at the conference.

If you are interested in obtaining the MCSD web track certifications when they become available, I recommend that you focus on MVC related technologies.  This is certainly the trend.

To keep up to date with the announcements this summer, certainly keep watching the www.microsoft.com/learning pages. You can also participate in the conversation on Microsoft Learning's Born to Learn site here:  http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/

Good luck sir!

Mike Corkery, MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MSF, MCSD, MCAD, etc.

If you found this post helpful, please vote it as helpful or propose as an answer. Thanks!

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:03 PM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 11:41 AM