none
IBM DB2 connectivity issue

Question

• Hi,

I am using visual studio 2005 for my web application and my back end is SQL Server. our requirement is to get the details from DB2 and we need to display in our web application and our web server is windows server 2003 and the IIS version is 6.0

we able to connect to IBM DB2 successfully after deployment.

Our new requirement is, we need to deploy the same code in windows server 2008 R2 and IIS version is 7. Also, we have converted our application from VS 2005 to VS 2005.

In this case, we able to connect the IBM DB2 in debug mode. But, when we tried to publish the code in IIS, we are receiving the below error.

Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed

we tried to add db2admin and db2user in local policy as well. but we unable to connect.

Also, we have configured in both 32 bit and 64 bit ODBC driver as well.

Some one saying there may some issues in ODBC driver connectivity and some other saying there may be a issue with IIS.

Can you please anyone help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Ram N

• Moved by Caillen Wednesday, July 29, 2015 12:48 PM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 3:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Ram MP,

I think this forum is not appropriate for your question, as it is only for questions about Visual C# language. Maybe IIS forums or IBM forums are more suitable. See the solution in this IBM documentation:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21229860

<This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.>

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 23, 2015 3:58 PM