Site Crawl history and multiple names for Site RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 questions:

1 -

My site,  http://jeftek.com is accessed by the maim URL, and will also respond at http://www.jeftek.com

Should I add BOTH site names in the Webmaster tools?  I have done that currently, but wonder if this will hurt me.   Also,  I currently have a wildcard DNS setup so subwebs could exist off the domain name, but all currently end up back at the content of the main site.

Will his hurt me as well, since it could show my site under multiple URLs?

2 -

Also,  I had been testing a PHP site package awhile back, and unfortunately it appears this was taken over by spammers for a period of time, so many of my search Links and history refer to those links, and not my real content.   I have since removed all traces of the spam, but how soon will the crawler come re-index me so I get the GOOD content in the index, and the bad stuff that no longer exists falls out?

I'm just running a personal blog on the new Graffiti CMS system, but I think the content could be important to my niche, and I want to clean up what bad search data might be out there.   I am getting backlinks as the new good content is discovered, so that is good.

Thanks,

Jef

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 4:03 AM

Answers

• Jef,

this is not a very good practice. By not canonicalizing your site, you are splitting any link juice that you are getting from visitors to your site. My suggestion is to look up "canonicalization using 301 redirect" in live search.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 11:11 PM

All replies

•  

I am sorry for the multiple posts with the same questions, as it appears my posts don't appear in the forum as soon as I post them.  I thought my post was being deleted for some unknown reason. Sad

Still, any insight into my questions would still be appreciated.

thanks,

Jef

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 11:43 PM
  • Jef,

this is not a very good practice. By not canonicalizing your site, you are splitting any link juice that you are getting from visitors to your site. My suggestion is to look up "canonicalization using 301 redirect" in live search.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 11:11 PM