Schedule a Conference Call RRS feed

• Question

• Am having difficulty with Scheduling conference calls from outlook.

I have installed the conference add-in for outlook and have the three buttons in the menu bar: Meet Now, Schedule a Live Meeting, Schedule a Conference Call

When i click on Schedule a Conference call it brings up a window saying Attempting to log on to  the Office Communications Server, which is soon followed by a message saying Before you can schedule a conference call, you must configure an office cummunications server account.  I have communicator installed on the same pc and it logs in automatically with no problems.  I am only populating the Sign-in name field on the User Account window and am leaving URL blank as i am only trying to get this working internally with the office communicator server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is delaying the role out of our communications server, and at this point I am banging my head against the wall.

Thanks,
    DMcA
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 1:14 PM

Answers

• OK first of all when you see in the account window that the sign in name is correct are you hitting the test connection button at the bottom? if so what error does it give you?
    Mitchr |MCITP:Enterprise Server Admin, Messaging |MCTS:OCS with Voice Achievement |MCT
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 2:17 PM
  •  
    OK so when you are on that page where your USER SIP URI is. Click on advanced. once in advanced then add your user name and password in place and check the box to use it. If that does not fix it. Specify the server names in the correct fields for internal put the fqdn:5061

for the external one put fqdn:443 the external fqdn should be your Access edge server which is usually sip.domain.com, the internal fqdn should be your pool fqdn then:5061

Let me know if that works. I am just asking you to test this. so we can determine next steps. I have a list of other things that cause this but I start with easiest first. 
    I posted this for another converstion that is being had on this same forum so it looks like you both are having the same problem. I have seen it multiple times but can be caused by a couple of problems.

Mitchr |MCITP:Enterprise Server Admin, Messaging |MCTS:OCS with Voice Achievement |MCT
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:26 PM
  • Actually this may be caused by not having the SRV records and proper A records in place.
    Friday, July 17, 2009 12:34 PM

All replies

• OK first of all when you see in the account window that the sign in name is correct are you hitting the test connection button at the bottom? if so what error does it give you?
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 2:17 PM
  • Hi Mitchr,

When i click on the test connection button i get the following message:

Cannot connect to server because the information in the User Accounts dialog might be incorrect or improperly formateed.  Please verify that this information is correct, and then click Test Connection.  If you still can't connect, the server might not be available.

My sign-in name for communicator is first.last@domain.local and i am using the exact same in the User Accounts area.

In my event manager i do see a warning message which has the following:

Log Name:      Application
    Source:          ConfAPI
    Date:             16/07/2009 15:37:30
    Event ID:       1
    Task Category: None
    Level:            Warning
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:              N/A
    Computer:      computer.domain.local

Description:
    The description for Event ID 1 from source ConfAPI cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:
    ConfAPI
    domain.Local

I have uninstalled and re-installed the add-in several times but nothing different each time.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 2:46 PM
  •  
    OK so when you are on that page where your USER SIP URI is. Click on advanced. once in advanced then add your user name and password in place and check the box to use it. If that does not fix it. Specify the server names in the correct fields for internal put the fqdn:5061

for the external one put fqdn:443 the external fqdn should be your Access edge server which is usually sip.domain.com, the internal fqdn should be your pool fqdn then:5061

Let me know if that works. I am just asking you to test this. so we can determine next steps. I have a list of other things that cause this but I start with easiest first. 
    I posted this for another converstion that is being had on this same forum so it looks like you both are having the same problem. I have seen it multiple times but can be caused by a couple of problems.

Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:26 PM
  • Hi Mitchr,

As you suggested, in the advanced section i changed the internal address to be fqdn:5061 and TLS and it worked which is fantastic!!

Is it very strange that the conferencing add-in needs to be manually set like this?  I am planning on roling this add-in out to a large no. of users and was hoping to not have to manually set this.  Is there anywhere on the server this can be set, policy?

Thanks for all the help on this!!

DMcA
    Friday, July 17, 2009 9:54 AM
  • Actually this may be caused by not having the SRV records and proper A records in place.
    Friday, July 17, 2009 12:34 PM
  • I agree with mitchr.  See here for more details: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd425235(office.13).aspx
    -- Ryan
    Friday, July 17, 2009 2:04 PM